- It's been forever since I did a WOYWW post. I feel a bit nervous, it's like being a first date I have to look good, sound intelligent and show off my the bubbly part of my personality and hope that you like me enough to visit again.
- The picture shows the latest addition to the work desk - WASHI! I've see the blog posts. I've pinned the cards and scrapbook pages. And I've dreamed of having a bit of this magic tape. I wanted it when it was only from Japan. Now that American craft companies have seen the profit potential the product is more accessible and the price is more reasonable. I picked up 3 rolls at Archiver's this weekend. I purchased 2 that were black and white, figuring I could color them as needed, and the pink striped one you see here. The colors and pattern match my blog, Twitter and Facebook page background and I thought it would be good for packaging of certain items.
- The experiments card front was made with the Silhouette. I did a print and cut on the tricycle image from The Graphics Fairy. I flipped over a second cut (not printed) and used it as a mask for misting to give the feeling of coming and going. The flag was also done as a cut and print with the Silhouette because I hate to waste paper and time. The texture was made by running the Mr. Huey's Circle Graph Mask from Studio Calico through the Cuttlebug. I worked so well I may have to do that again and again and…
- I also got the misting mask on this weekend's Archiver's trip. I was thrilled to see Studio Calico in a brick and mortar store. I thought they were only available online. I hadn't purchased it before because I like to see things before I buy them the first time. Now that I know the weight, quality, etc. I may have to go spend some money in the Studio Calico online store. Of course I need to find some money first.
- The binder clips in the foreground are holding paper as the Mod Podge dries. I was tired of looking at the domino box that holds my adhesives. I'll show the finished project when everything is dry and has been decorated completely.
On the horizon
- Friday Freebies - digi stamps, papers or Silhouette cuts
- I'll be explaining pixel vs vector graphics in next Tuesday's Tutorial.