Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recycling postage stamps on cards

In 1992 I worked in an office that received entries for a sweepstakes. There were a LOT of entries and so a LOT of postage stamps. I thought the wildflower stamps were especially pretty and saved them to decoupage a desk set for my mom.  I saved the rest for other craft projects.

I soaked the glue off all the stamps, organized them by them or color and put them in boxes and envelopes until I had time and/or inspiration to do another project. This weekend I finished several  sets of cards using those old postage stamps. Each set contains 6 cards with different color bases and each card has 6 postage stamps. I had enough wildflower stamps to make 6 sets. Sensing a theme here.


I used repositionable tape and my xyron to make the stamps into stickers. The process was a combination the perfect alignment tutorial and the my xyron tips found here. I lined up the stamps using a see through ruler and the sentiment was lined up using a stamp-a-majig so that each card has exactly the same layout. 


I will be selling these sets at the Rock Star Rosie Benefit on October 1st. You purchase tickets online and find out all about a special little girl who is fighting brain cancer by going to Research4Rosie.com. Come out and get a closer look at these sets and the 300+ other cards I'll be selling to benefit Rosie.

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are so sweet. I would have never thought to use postage on a card. It looks lovely!