Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Katemade Designs looks so official now


I will be vending at the Rock Star Rosie Benefit on October 1 and need a way to store/showcase my cards, so this weekend I got out the spray paint and got busy. I don't have a signature color like "sky blue pink" or anything so I opted for black to match my card carousel. I painted a wooden cd holder that I found at Goodwill. I would have kept it the natural wood color had it not been for the black china marker price that was on it a couple of times and the stickers, also with prices.

I cut vinyl letters out with my Silhouette and put them on both the long sides. It will look so nice filled with cards. I fit 250 in it before painting and there was still room for a few more.

I've been making cards for several years and they have been sitting in boxes or displayed on shelves. I finally started packaging them up. I stopped at 340 cards when I ran out of clear envelops. I'll begin again when my order arrives.

I'm hoping I can sell a lot of cards at the benefit not just for me but because a portion of sales go to benefit Rosie.

Happy Crafting,

No comments: