Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lawn Fawn Delivers Added Value

I love freebies, don't you? Sometimes getting something for nothing makes us feel smart because we "beat the system". I rarely get these kind of freebies. I am not good with the discount day + coupon + rebate way of getting stuff for free. 
Sometimes getting something for free makes us feel good. Someone gives you something just because they are nice. In my Etsy shop I always add something to someone's order. Buy a stamp set get an inspiration pack of papers or tags or even die cuts that go with the set. Buy a card set get a couple of tags. 
I call it being generous, my former employer called it added value. I was part of the advertising creative department. I set ads for small companies that didn't have an ad agency or a creative person on staff. Companies were not charged for my services but they were always happy when they saw what I had created for them. I had added value to their ad space purchase.

I recently purchased my first set of Lawn Fawn stamps, Quinn's ABCs. I love outlined letters. I've wanted an outline font for years, ever since I saw a card by Kristina Werner where she overlapped the edges and colored just the overlapped areas. It was beautiful, like all her work, and I wanted to try it myself so I when I saw this set by Lawn Fawn and saw the price I ordered them.

When I opened the package I was pleasantly surprised at the added value, niceness, generosity of these lovely people. I got an extra stamp and a HANDWRITTEN note, that included my name. That impressed the HECK out of me (yes I am now heck-less).  
The particulars
Paper: Stampin' Up! (SU) blush blossom, Perfect Plum, patterned paper DCWV Rock Star Stack
Stamps: My Favorite things, Lawn Fawn
Embellishments: Buttons by SU, Small flower punch SU, Large flower cut with Silhouette.

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

alexa said...

How nice! Yes, the little personal touches make all the difference ...