Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Handy Dude - Wood Veneer Die Cuts

I got to scrapbook this week and decided it was time to scrapbook the pictures of my son and father making a card carousel for me. It was only about 5 years ago. I chose Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie orange to match the drill and a BasicGrey blue to go with my dad's shirt in the photos. Of course it turned out looking very Chicago Bear-ish which was totally unintentionally.

I was really excited to get this page done because it meant I got to use the Wood Veneer Die Cuts I won from Studio Calico at the beginning of the year. I used Mr. Huey's Color Mist in Orchard to color the wood so it would match the drill in the pictures.


I added the title using the Transporting Perfect Alignment technique I posted about yesterday. I went font shopping on dafonts.com which is one of my favorite places to get new fonts. The headline font is Grobold, which I thought was just perfect for the page. I also got a few other great fonts and realized I really like the comic category.


The font for the journaling is Pea Our Best Bites by Kevin and Amanda Fonts for Peas.

Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is so great to see pictures of Uncle Joe on your blog! and your work is, as always, terrific.

alexa said...

The font goes perfectly with your relaxed photos and frames.:)