Saturday, April 9, 2011

Permanent Home for Wayward Images

     Here's a couple more cards I made during the hiatus — giving pre-stamped, pre-cut or pre-embossed items a permanent home.
 
Tim Holtz rays texture folder, a bit of distress ink. A chicken cut on the Silhouette and
a bit of chicken wire from a long retired Stampin' Up! background stamp.

     The chicken shape was one of the first things I purchased from the Silhouette Online Store. I used it to make a vinyl sticker for my chicken keeping sister's vehicle. Looking forward to going to her house for Easter to see the clucks and her newly decorated truck.


Hero Arts Cloud background. Nestabilities Pinked Circle and
regular circle (embossed) and Papertrey Ink's Fly Away stamp.
     This was a fun solution to what to do with a background with a poorly embossed plane. I cut out a large sun with my pinking circle Nestabilities and then ran it through again with a regular circle to emboss it. 
     The handmade banner has been in my stash for a long time. I was inspired by Mel McCarthy and her awesome gesso work. I used gesso on a page from an old paperback (I'm guessing it's an Ellery Queen Christmas murder mystery) then freehanded a banner. The lettering is my handwriting and the thing I like least about this card.
     The plane shape was cut out using the Silhouette and the lazy snipper tutorial I posted a while back.
 
Testing new ideas on the Silhouette for the next tutorial. So stay tuned.

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Absolutely AWEsome! LOVE the silhouette chicken how COOL! The rays and chicken wire are too perfect. And the plane. WOW. I can't believe how cool your banner is. The way it has such dimension. And the pop of the sun against the blue clouds. (Thank You so much for the link love, and most of all for bein' a Gesso buddy. GRIN) :o)