Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome Baby

Last night I felt the urge to make a baby card. Maybe it was watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 with the kid in the evening. Maybe it was a response to spring. Dunno but I had fun making it.

I cut the shape out with the Silhouette using the method I shared in the Lazy Snipper tutorial. Actually I cut out 40 of them from 1 sheet of paper. I love the paper savings I get using the Silhouette. I had to use the stamp-a-majig to get the stamp lined up because I can't see through rubber and wood as well as I can through acrylic. I forgot to put an offset on the cut so it is exactly the size it needs to be and I like it.

I started with the onsie and kind of let it lead me to a final card. The patterned paper was just what I grabbed first out of the scrap paper drawer. The sentiment was a bit of an afterthought but I love it. The stamp-a-magic was a godsend here too.
The particulars
Paper: hearts pattern paper is from K & Co. Floral pattern is from Memory Makers  — both purchased at Tuesday Morning
Stamps: Onsie is from Hampton Arts - Katie & Co., "baby" and "welcome" are from long retired Stampin' Up!  sets.
Happy Crafting, 

No comments: