Thursday, February 24, 2011

With Sympathy

This card was made for a woman at our church, who I don't even know yet. She lost her mother this week. She also lost her baby girl within the year. I was asked in my Bible study and by our Family Group to pray for her and I wanted to let her know personally that I have her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. I lost several loved ones a few years ago, dear friends and my aunt and uncle and at times I still feel myself reeling. I can't imagine losing a parent and a child in the same year.

I'm sending this off today but if you are hurting because of the loss of a loved one consider this post a message to you too. I pray that all those mourning a loved one today find a bit of God's peace.

Card Details
I used some random green patterned paper (once it's been in the folder for a while the manufacturer's names are lost on me, also it was most likely bought on the clearance rack and is no longer available) for the background. I stamped the beautiful flourish from Papertrey Ink's Fancy Flourishes using SU's Wild Wasabi Green and the sentiment from SU's long retired Warmest Regards in Handsome Hunter. I colored the rose from Stampin' Up!'s (SU) Fifth Avenue Floral set with Copics (R00, R20, W1), cut it out and used pop dots to give it some depth. The internal sentiment, from SU's God's Blessings set, was stamped in Hunter as well and reads:
May God's love
heal your sorrow, and may
His peace replace your
heartache with
warm and loving memories.

Happy Crafting,

No comments: