Monday, November 1, 2010

A day late and a up a love-bird

First of all an apology. I totally spaced on getting the directions out for the treat containers in the last post. What with one thing and the other I just ran out of time. Please accept my apology. I know it's late but I will give you the main info for each box without the too too much explanation.

All these boxes were made with Stampin' Up!'s Matchbox Die for the Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I run it through the Cuttlebug that I've had for years (love those 50% off coupons at Micheal's). Now that the Cuttlebug has extended cutting mats this box is a snap to make. I made the boxes then punched a hole in one end with my Crop-A-Dile (like butter through multiple sheets of card stock) for the handle of the sucker/lolly to go through.

Now for the particulars:
1. Skeleton stamp by Inkadinkado.

2. Hand drawn smile, nose and eyes. I used the 3/4" circle punch for the eyeballs and lids (just cut a circle in half for this. The hair was a hand cut job. The top of the hat was hand cut. I punched the bottom of the pointed part with Stampin' Up!'s large oval punch so it was oval to match the brim. The hat brim was punched with Stampin' Up!'s large oval punch. I then punched a sliver of orange for the band with the same punch. Just cut it in half and move the sides together until the points of the punched out pieces

3. Craft Smart Mummy Stamp from the Micheal's dollar bin

4. Hand drawn and pumpkin and hand cut stem. The triangles were cut off of a Stampin' Up! Star punch. The mouth was a left over from a Spellbinders Nestabilities pinking pie and Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die.

5. The moon was made with the 1-3/8" circle punch from Stampin' Up!. The headstone was made with one of the tags on the Matchbox die. I cut the pointed bits off, and wrote RIP on it. The grass is from Martha Stewart's grass punch.

6. The vampire was made with Stampin' Up!'s wide oval and photo-corner punches. I took a photo corner and punched the top into an oval so it matched the oval face. My son helped draw the face. The cape was made with the Stampin' Up!s Round Tab Extra-Large punch.

7. This is the easiest one. Two tissues with a bit of string to keep them in place. A magic marker and you have a ghost.

8. Frankenstein's hair was punched with Martha Stewart's grass punch. I felt like a genius when I discovered this. The eyes were made the same way the witches eyes were. The face was hand drawn.

Sorry again that these instructions were so late.

While scrolling through the blogs I saw my face on the  Happy Little Studio blog. What a shock to see your own face on another blog.  But was happy to see it because it meant I won the beautiful love-birds paper from Fancy Pants. I can't wait to play with these papers.

Happy Crafting,

No comments: