Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Sad End, a Challenge Card, and a Gift

The Sad End
Today was the last day for leafy bushes in my neighborhood. The association decided that anything that requires maintenance is a nuisance and must be eliminated. I had a large and lovely bush at the corner of my house and now I don't.


I went around the neighborhood as they were working and took pictures. Here is what my garden looked like this afternoon. I'm sick about the loss. I moved here because of the nice landscaping. They removed the large bushes that hid a utility box from view - now it looks like a war zone.


I did win a small victory though. There were two fruit trees in front of my house that were slated to be removed as well. I talked the man in charge into leaving them as long as I do a daily clean up of dropped fruit. Deal! The workers even planted hostas under the pear tree that were around bushes they were removing.

Challenge Card






I made a card for the eighteen25 Challenge to the sound of chain saws and bobcat machines. Even though it was sunny and beautiful I was in a kind of a dark mood and a dark mood begs for a Halloween theme.




The particulars
Paper: Stampin' Up! Green Galore and Kraft, Orange of unknown origin and tags from the office supply store.
Stamps: Dancing Skeleton from Inkadinkado, Boo and Bats from discount bin, Sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s retired Haunting Halloween set.
Ink: Stampin' Up! Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black. Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint. Notes: The Kraft card stock was distress with Tonic Studio's retractable craft scratcher then inked with an Inkssentials™ Ink Blending Tool and Foam

A Gift


One of my cardies recently celebrated her birthday.  I have a gift for her and wanted something special for the packaging. I got out a 12"x12" sheet of card stock and started playing with it. Then I made a template. Then I cut out the final project. I really like how this turned out, a large simple envelope-style box. Maybe a bit too simple - so I got out the Stampin' Up! set Friends 24-7 and the Sanded background stamp and made a card for the front of the box.  The letters are K & Company Amy Butler Midwest Modern Alphabet Stamps.

The particulars
Paper: Stampin' Up! Pixie Pink textured 12"x12" card stock, Whisper White card stock.
Stamps: Stampin' Up! set Friends 24-7 and the Sanded background stamp, K & Company Amy Butler Midwest Modern Alphabet Stamps
Ink: Stampin' Up! Pixie Pink and So Saffron, Distress Inks in Vintage Photo.    Embellishment: Green hemp twine. 
Edited to add the K& Co stamp set.

Happy Crafting,
Katie

1 comment:

Happy walker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.