This is Chris Dodge. He is a Quality & Compliance Engineer at Provo Craft. I met him at the CHA Super Craft Show this past Friday. He's a smart guy, he know all about the Cricut Imagine.
Chris is also the marketing materials Provo Craft had at the show about the forthcoming Cricut Imagine. There were no brochures, no flyers, just Chris doing a wonderful job of demonstrating and answering crafter's questions.
Nice features include:
- being able to change colors and patterns of predesigned elements and papers that are on the familiar cartridges.
- no more keyboard covers and flipping through a book to figure out which button to push to get what you want - it's all stylus now baby.
- being able to cut out entire elements or cut things out separately so you can layer them on your projects.
- Being able to print out full 12x12 sheets of patterned paper, no more wasting money on patterned paper (I thought this was kind of funny - I don't know if Chris is a scrapbooker but there will always be a need to purchase patterned paper - at least for my scrap group).
This machine, which Chris demonstrated so well, will be available in the fall. Hopefully by then they will figure out a way to hook it up to your computer so you can print all your digital pages out and so you can design your own elements, these things are not yet available. The website dedicated to this machine is a bit lacking in details so I will share the press release about it.
7/31/2010 - Provo Craft Introduces Cricut Imagine
The World’s First Automated Printing and Cutting Machine Featuring Inkjet Technology by HP Unveiled at Craft & Hobby Association Tradeshow
Chicago– July 27, 2010 –Provo Craft today unveiled Cricut® Imagine™, the world’s first tool that precisely prints and cuts with the touch of a button without requiring a computer or software. Cricut Imagine offers an easy-to-use, electronic print-and-cut system that adds a whole new level of texture, detail and dimension to a wide variety of creative projects. Cricut Imagine is the first in the line-up to feature printing as well as cutting, and features inkjet technology by HP. The new product is currently on display at the Craft & Hobby Association Summer Convention and Tradeshow in Chicago.
Cricut Imagine saves you time since you no longer have to use three different tools to get designs, print, and then cut projects. The new machine helps you add more personalization and creativity to projects with a new library of content including shapes, patterns, and color. In addition, Cricut Imagine is easy to use and is built upon award-winning cutting and printing technology from Provo Craft and HP.
Cricut Imagine gives new life to all your original Cricut cartridges! Now you can add colors and patterns when pairing the original cartridges with NEW Cricut Imagine Colors and Patterns cartridges.
“Cricut Imagine is not only unique to the crafting industry, but to the world of technology. There is not another device that incorporates printing and cutting the way this machine does,” said Jim Thornton, CEO of Provo Craft. “The pairing of print and cut technology could only be done by the leaders in each category—HP and Provo Craft. We’re eager to see what our customers can now do with a simple sheet of white paper and Cricut Imagine print and cut technology.”
“HP is always expanding its personal publishing portfolio with new products and services that inspire and enable creativity among individuals and families,” said Kathy Tobin, Vice President and General Manager, Specialty Printing Systems Division, HP. “Cricut customers can benefit from high-quality Original HP ink to achieve unique and professional results.”
Cricut Imagine features include:
- Cricut Imagine cartridges are enhanced by Cricut Pattern and Cricut Color cartridges to add dimension and layering
- Cricut Imagine is fully compatible with all original Cricut cartridges.
- Compatible with Gypsy by Cricut handheld design studio
- Easy-to-use LCD touch-screen navigation so that all information is right at your fingertips
- New detachable accents to be able to personalize your machine with colors and textures
- Access to a vast new library of content and artwork: Over 150 original Cricut cartridges (with several new cartridges introduced each month), 12 new Cricut Imagine Art cartridges specifically for this new machine, plus 12 new Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges
- On-board color and pattern selector - choose your own colors, sizes, and much more
- Works with paper sizes up to 12” x 12” and make cuts from .25” to 11.5”, making large-format print and cutting possible
- Retractable paper tray
- No computer necessary
- Uses same blades and blade housing as current Cricut products
- Uses a separate mat than original Cricut machines
Suggested retail for Cricut Imagine is $599.99. To learn more about this unique machine visit http://www.cricutimagine.com. For more information on Provo Craft visit: www.provocraft.com or follow us on Twitter!
Well back to work and wishing I had the money and space for this beauty.