Wednesday, July 28, 2010

tags a lot and an experiment



I love making tags. They are generally quick and easy. Of course I tend to make them in batches. So I have at least 2 of every one here and the "for you" tag - I've got 12 of them. I have 12 in pink too.

So the question is... Which ones to YOU like best? If you had these tags would you use them on gifts? Cards? Scrapbook pages? home decor?

I don't have a little girl in the house but I would totally use the for you tags on favors for a birthday party.

The Experiment
I have a collection of acrylic die cuts. Love them but don't always know what to do with them. I don't cover them with paper — takes away from the coolness of acrylic. But I don't really use them so they just sit.

If you are a regular reader you know about the Urge to Purge mode now in effect at my house. I decided if I'm not going to use it, it's time to lose it. So anything in the I'm not using it pile ripe for experimentation. When I experiment I don't expect things to go "perfectly", I expect I will even lose materials and that's ok. It's time to learn, to see what's possible. There is not enough of that in my life.

Experimenting takes a lot of pressure off. It's not expected to be "right" or "perfect". Heck it may even melt under the pressure. I am happy to say that it didn't melt (under the heat gun) it did quite well actually. I used ultra thick embossing powder and Versamark. I thought the piece needed some texture so I stamped a swirl on it. What do you think?



Happy Crafting,
Katie

No comments: