Friday, July 30, 2010

Idea A, Execution B -

I have a lot of great ideas for cards, but they don't always come out so go when I try to make them. Here are 3 examples of great ideas that I need to work on to make great.


I love this idea. But the stamps I have are not the font I would use for this. The background could be brighter. My original thought to was to make whatever was behind the bus be bright and colorful but I got lazy. The idea to have swirls on the bus was late in coming and I stamped it on the card without covering the road. Again laziness. Laziness is the ruin of all great ideas.

I just wanted to see what the card would look like so we will call this a prototype and I will make another, better version soon.



I love the idea of visual puns so this missing you card is right up my alley. But the execution is only fair. I had stamped the letters to see if the idea would work and set it aside for months. If you are a reader of this blog you know that the Urge to Purge is great and I was making cards from the prestamped drawer. I added the circles using the "button as a stamp" idea I saw on Nicole Heady's blog a while back. It was a bit plain so I added the answer to the visual puzzle with the "missing you" sentiment. We'll call this version 1, I will be playing with this idea and making different versions until I get it just right.




This card is purely test the stamps, use the scraps. It's not my favorite card ever but I do like a lot of the elements. I like that the images are stamped on the base instead of being a strip on the base. I like the texture on the sky bit. I don't know If I've ever used that Fiskars texture plate before and I really like it for swirly sky. I have the embossing tool from Fiskars but honestly I hate it and don't use it. I ran this through the Cuttlebug and it works great that way.

Well I'm off to the Craft and Hobby Association's Super Craft Show. Can't wait to see the new Cuttlebug, the new stuff from Fiskars, and all the other companies that are there.

Happy Crafting,
Katie

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

these are all so adorable, I also luv the tags below...I have a thing for tags...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*