Wednesday, May 6, 2009

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness


KungFuPanda - there is no secret ingredient
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

This is a page I did a while back at a scrapbook event with a friend of mine. She was shocked that I had no pictures of my son on the page. Shocked at all the "empty" space - we call that "white space" in graphic design.

I scrapped the experience of going to see Kung Fu Panda. The awesomeness and attractiveness. I thought about journaling the who, what, when, where, why and decided against it as it may become too cluttered and detract from the design. Also in a year or 2 or 5 or 10 when we look at this page will all that really matter? The point of the page is to show what we loved about the movie the first time we saw it, on the big screen.

We own the DVD now and although I still like the movie a lot. The lines around the edge that were made to look like cookie fortunes still make me laugh, well ok now it's more of a snicker. And as with most animation there is something new I see each time I watch it.
_______________________________

This week I am preparing to go on another day-long scrap with my girlfriend so I will be showing you new pages each day of past pages I've done. You'll even get to see one of the first pages. I haven't posted them in the past because I am not a scrapper, I am a card maker and lately I haven't felt like a good carder but I am drawn to scrapping. Could be the 700 pictures we took on our Disney World Vacation in February? Could be because it in National Scrapbook Month? Whatever the reason you are going to see more pages here in the near future.

Stay tuned.

No comments: