Monday, September 10, 2012

Tim Holtz Style Tags



I recently watched the video Tim Holtz did for Simon Says Stamps Stamptember Celebration. I learned a lot and gave the new techniques a test run. I didn't have all the stamps Tim used but found similar images at Micheal's from Hampton Arts. They are smaller but the price was right and the results work for me.

Tim's set featured an eye - I had one in my collection. Tim's set included an eye chart, and a hand. The new set had those images. I used Distress Inks and Momento dye ink, even though it's water soluble. I just made sure I stamped those bits. last.

In the video Tim introduced new Metallic Distress Stains. The shimmer was so cool putting these stains on my wish list — the short list.  This tag was my attempt to use metallics. Of courses without these news stains I had to improvise. I used Adirondacks Metal Mixatives. It's not as shimmery but it's still kind of cool. The skeleton is from a new Halloween set. The ruler is from the Hampton Arts set. The film strip is new washi tape.




The skeleton on this card is from the new Halloween set. The film strip washi tape is on this one as well.  The upside down B is attached with Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher

To see larger images just click on the images.







Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

These are awesome Katie, so glad to see your getting into the Halloween mood!
hugs Lynn