Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Fair Booth

An iPhone in the hands of a 9 year old doesn't always produce
great results under harsh gymnasium lights — here's proof.

Some days are better than others. This past weekend's fair was not one of the better ones. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the location but we didn't do well at the fair.  I owe my son 10% of the take (income - table fee = take) for all his help at and patience with sitting at the fair. I figured it would be a bit of extra money for him to get Christmas presents with. If you are on his gift list, my apologies, his share was only $2.20.
I didn't sell any reindeer food or candles and only sold one magnet to a little girl who wanted a gift for her mom. She was so cute, all consumed in her serious mental debate about which angel would be best. She looked so happy when the First National Bank of Dad finally floated her a $3 loan for her gift.
The next time I am in a fair I will be sure 
  • the organizers are promoting it widely
  • I promote my being there better
  • there are other crafters there (this was actually a vendor fair)
  • it is not competing with another, better promoted fair 
  • I do not lose a lot of sleep making new seasonal items (I will be making those year round now)

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm so sorry, you just never know how any craft show will turn out.
But a blue ribbon for getting out there and doing it!
hugs Lynn