Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's my name?

When you are in job search you are supposed to network. You are encouraged to get out there and meet the people who could lead to your next job. At a lot of events you are given a name tag.

When you go to the unemployment office you are given a name tag to identify where you should be sent for classes or seminars or appointments with a counselor. This tag doesn't have your actual name on it - you might say it's "for office use only."

You even pick up a name tag of sorts when you go to the deli counter at the grocery store. If you are not a super regular customer or are not the kind that will chat up the deli guy you may only be known as 92.

At a recent networking event I added the brand "graphic designer" to my name tag and a lot more people talked to me or asked me questions then would have if I had just added my name and I got the thinking about the number of names/brands I have in the world. That thought process is what lead to this page.

I used the work sister and daughter twice because I have 2 sisters and 2 parents If I had a bigger family the word sister would have been used more often. This page may be a work in progress, when I get more name tags I may add them.

Even the silly nickname one of my sisters call me is on the page. See the little flag?


Well I have to go get another name tag.
The particulars
Paper: Patterned Paper retired SU, Brilliant Blue cardstock from SU
Stamps: Wonderful favorites, and Amazing to Zany and Priceless from SU
Embellishments: flotsam and jetsam of life

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

What an interesting prospect for a scrap page...love how you tied all these "statuses" together with the name tags...smart!