Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Show off your Vespa form


I purchased The Echo Park Sidewalk Chalk Element Pack #1 that was on sale for $1 today at Jessica Sprague.com. This 61 piece set of digital images includes a lovely tree, funky birds, cassette tapes and a scooter. There are several other images but these were the deal makers for me.
My friend Camille has a stamp set that includes a scooter so when I saw the Echo Park (EP) scooter I thought of her. I thought I'd play a bit and figure out the best way to cut the image out with the Silhouette. I LOVE that I can print and cut. It's makes life so much easier.
What to say though? What is the perfect sentiment? This image also reminds me of a week I spent in Italy where there were Vespas everywhere. Then it hit me.
Camille is a HUGE Dr. Who fan. If you are a Dr. Who fan you know about the Vespiform. So this is where the sentiment came from.
The scooter color came from EP and I used the eyedropper tool in the Silhouette Studio software to color the text the same color. The card base and patterned paper strip colors were chosen based on the other colors in the Sidewalk Chalk Elements Set.

Happy Crafting,

No comments: