Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cloud Computing from the Cartoon Brain

I have what I call a Cartoon Brain. Sometimes I hear phrases that set off funny little animations or cartoons in my head. I can't help it. I can't control it, and honestly I don't want to. It's fun.

The most recent phrase that has been setting the mental animator loose is Cloud Computing. If you ask the folks in flood stricken areas of the country or those affected by recent tornadoes I would guess that a few of them would say 'nothing good can come from a cloud'.

I just watched a video on the new Lion operating system from Apple (Miss the Apple keynote? Behold, "WWDC 2011: The musical") so I think the timing is right for this cartoon.

My Cartoon Brain wants to know - If all our data is stored in "the Cloud", and storms come from clouds, what happens when it rains from this cloud? Will we be flooded with enough information to drown a person? Just a thought.


Happy Crafting,

No comments: