Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PTI Distress Challenge - Olive You

PTI Distress Challenge
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

I cut and stamped this jar from Papertrey Ink a long time ago. I made the marbles into green olives then place the whole lot into the "prestamped/precut" drawer of my scrap collection. Sometimes I want to stamp and color but not make a card. I guess you could call that drawer the "Someday Box". On Make it Monday Nichole Heady challenged everyone to use some kind of distressing on their cards. After sitting in the Someday Box for months it was time for this image to shine on a card.
I knew what the sentiment was going to be but I didn't have a stamp with that sentiment on it. I didn't want to print it out on the printer, that requires at least half a sheet of paper and I wanted to use the scrap of green (SU Kiwi Kiss) I had left over from a different project. Love this green with the Rich Razzleberry (also SU). I chose the typewriter stamps from Hampton Arts for the "olive" and the "you" is from a PTI set, it was part of "thank you".
I liked the distressing Lisa Johnson did in the video Nichole posted the challenge so I used a bit of white ink on the edges here. I like the way the ink shows the texture of the paper.
Click to see larger version and more detail.
I distressed a bit more on the edge of the green strip by scrapping the edge with an Xacto blade. I used a fabric tracing wheel to add a bit of interest on that strip as well.
So today's question is,
Do you have a collection of prestamped/precut images that are waiting for a card or do you finish a project every time you stamp?

Now back to studying. JavaScript makes my brain hurt, I guess that means I'm learning.

Happy Crafting,

No comments: