Thursday, February 10, 2011

PTI Play Along


Just a quick card today for the Papertrey Button Challenge. Using buttons in anyway can be a challenge for me but in a creative way is especially difficult. So maybe we have all seen buttons as flower centers before, but I like the look and my brain is just not working any more creatively than this today.


Of course the use of stamps is a bit creative. I used the large hot air balloon decoration stamp  from Up, Up & Away as a vase and only a bit of the large stem from Four of a Kind. I stamped directly on the card without thinking about the fact that it would look like it was floating in air. I needed a table and found a bit of patterned paper that was perfect in my scrap stash. I used the balloon die to cut a dip in the paper so the vase looks like it is sitting on a table instead of on a shelf.


I embossed the vase so it's nice and shiny like porcelain.



The particulars
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, OLD patterned paper from DCWV
Stamps: Up, Up & Away and Four Of A Kind Ink: Always Artichoke Marker, Color Box Pigment Brush Pad in Peony
Embellishments: silk flowers, buttons

Happy Crafting,

No comments: