Thursday, January 6, 2011

Grey or Gray

Papercraft Arts Magazine's Moxie Fab World blog is hosting a challenge, The Gray is the New Black Challenge. Which gets me busy and gets me thinking. I got busy and created this quick card  for the challenge. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I flip flop between "nice" and "what were you thinking" so I ask you, is this a decent attempt or is it time to deep 6 this card.



What got me thinking was the spelling of Gray. I prefer spelling it with an "e". I see the two spellings as being for different tones of gray.
GrAy contains tones of blue. It's a cool color, like fog. It's light and slightly effervescent.
GrEy is a warm color with tinges of yellow or red. It is the color of shadows on faces in the glow of candle light.
The project particulars
Paper: Stampin' Up Blush Blossom
Stamps: SU Fifth Ave Floral, Hello (Micheal's $1 bin) Inks: SU Going Grey, Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette, Blush Blossom
Embellishments: Adhesive pearls

Happy Crafting,

No comments: