Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tags A Lot Kid

This week I've been playing with tags around the busy schedule I talked about in my last post.

I play with tags as a way to try new techniques and not all of them turn out well but I do learn from them so that's good. One of the reasons I made tags THIS week is because I watched Izzy Hyman from Paperclipping Live making tags and I was inspired. I started making Tim Holtz style tags as soon as I got the non-stick Craft Sheet a few weeks ago. I am really happy with the results, and these are the good ones. Maybe there were too many colors? Maybe they got too wet when I made them?

I like this mummy tag though.  I sponged yellow ink on the tag through sequin waste. I then dabbed some Vintage Photo ink on to the craft sheet and smeared the tag into it. I was happily surprised that the ink was darker on the sponged area. This tag sat on my table for weeks (go back to WOYWW posts if you want to play a "Where's Waldo" style game of find the tag.) When I brought home this adorable mummy  from the $1 bin at Micheal's I knew it was right for the tag. The letters are cut from a book I keep on hand for cutting out words and letters.

This animal tag was made because I wanted to play with a couple of Imaginisce stamps I've had for a while but had no card or scrapbook page in mind. I may be cutting these out and adding them to a zoo page or I may just add the tag, a bit of patterned paper and a sentiment and call it good.

I have a lot of polymer stamps that may have seen ink once or twice. It's a bad habit. I see something "so cute" that is $2 or less and I buy it. Then I go home and often forget about them. Lately I have been going through stuff to see what can be purged. I like these images. I will use them for those zoo pages. I will keep them for a while at least.
This Halloween inspired tag was the first one I made after I got the craft sheet. I stamped the blotch with Stampin' Up! Cranberry Crisp first (this color is long retired). Then I stamped the male figure with Versamark and embossed it so it would stay light. I then brayered the same red on top of the whole tag. Then stamped the cobwebs and bat and sponged on the black Distress Ink on the edges.
Just a note. I do not watch Dexter . I don't have Showtime, or cable for that matter, but if I did have it I wouldn't watch this show. I have no interest in watching people being killed or in show where the protagonist is a killer.

Today I was cleaning up, a bit,  and decided to make a quick card. This is what I came up with. I like the sentiment, "I love you so". My son, taking after his grandfather looked at it and said, "I love your sewing." Argh!

All supplies for this card are from Stampin' Up! and most are sadly retired. The stamps are from ABC Alphabet lower and ABC Images.

Happy Crafting,
Katie

No comments: