Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blended Pencil Daisies

Today's card is my take on the Blended Pencils tutorial Lydia Fiedler did on Splitcoast Stampers a few weeks ago. I don't know what possessed me to make the card but I really like the way it turned out. The flowers from the Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy set were inked with Sahara Sand and colored with Prismacolor pencils. Then the So Saffron and Old Olive were blended onto the edges to frame the piece. There was a big empty spot that needed something so I got out the sentiment from Friends 24-7 and inked it up with the Tangerine Tango Marker (I love that Stampin' Up makes their InColors into markers now. Makes life much easier/cheaper). I think the sentiment fits perfectly.

When I make cards I rarely work from a sketch - mine or anyone else's. Often it's a very organic process, I look at the scraps I have, see what set strikes my fancy and go . Where I end up is often a mystery when I begin.

So what's your process?
Do you follow a map or let the muse guide you? 
Are you a sketch person or a scraps person?

Paper: Stampin' Up! Tangerine Tango & So Saffron
Ink: Sahara Sand, Tangerine Tango Marker, So Saffron and Old Olive
Stamps: Upsy Daisy and Friends 24-7
Other: Prismacolor pencils, blending sponges

Happy Crafting,
Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute card