Monday, June 28, 2010

The new craft trend - beading

I have read that jewelry making is the new trend for crafters. Beads and baubles are getting more real estate in craft stores and paper crafts, while still very popular, will have to share space on shelves with wire and other jewelry making tools. Even Stampin' Up! is getting in on the craze with their Simply Adorned line.

I am in an urge to purge situation and came across the directions for how to crochet a bead necklace. I thought I would share it with everyone before it goes into the recycling bin. I am not a jewelry person. I don't wear earrings, necklaces or bracelets but I will wear a ring as soon as the right guy gives me one.

These instructions were found in my aunt's home, G. C. Murphy Co was a 5¢ and 10¢ store that has long since closed in her small town.

Just a preview:

Get it here.

Happy Crafting
Katie

No comments: