Tuesday, March 9, 2010

CAMERA WOES

I have been creating like crazy lately and my son and I just made a "poster" [really it's a 2 page scrapbook spread that we taped together] for scouts that I would love to share with y'all but alas I am camera-less. It turns out that digital cameras don't bounce well. It's dead!

I found an older film camera on a shelf in the office, and several rolls of film were living in the crisper of my refrigerator -- I don't keep crisp things in there. I loaded it up poorly and we took a bunch of pics for the scout project. Then found out the film was not advancing. So we loaded it up properly and took the pics all over again. Took the film to Costco. And now I know why I purchased the digital camera in the first place.

EVERY PHOTO WAS BLURRY! This was not an operator error. It was infuriating. The woman working the photo desk didn't charge me anything for the blur-fest without me saying a word. I took them home and tried to draw a cartoonish version of my son on the blurry images. The images were of him using good and bad table manners. I am not a great artist, there is one image on the poster where he looks quite a bit like Liza Minnelli, others he looks like a balloon boy. It's not the best work I've ever done.

Every good idea on this thing, like using forks and knives as the lines for the NO signs on the bad manners, was his idea. I look forward to getting a camera or a scanner so I can show off his (our) work.

Any suggestions on a good, cheap, camera for taking shots of paper craft projects as well as an active kid.

KATE

No comments: