Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pearl Ex as a Beauty Product


Pearl Ex and Hairspray - Aztec Gold
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

I confess I haven't worn hairspray in years. I didn't even use that much in the Aquanet 80's. I like my hair to blow in the breeze. Well today, in honor of Halloween, I decided to do a bit of experimenting with hairspray.

I have owned a bottle of cheap hairspray for years. I mix it with Pearl Ex in small misters for craft projects. It's an all in one shimmery color and sealer that way. Today I turned one of those misters on my own head. It contained hairspray and Pearl Ex #658 — Aztec Gold. I was very pleased with the results. It looks like I've had my hair lightened but not so drastically that everyone was asking what the heck I did to my head. I was a nice subtle change. Now if I had use a green or blue who knows what would have been said.

it's intended purpose

A couple of months ago I got out all my Pearl Ex and hairspray misters and cleaned the tips of the squirt mechanisms using scalding water. I needed a place to test whether they were really clean and working. So I got out a sheet of glossy paper and figured I'd be able to use it as a background if nothing else. The results of so much Pearl Ex and hairspray in one place were quite wet and wonderfully shimmery. I tilted the paper and let it run, then set it on a paper towel to drain and dry.

This tag was made with a bit of that paper. The actual tag has a lot more shimmer. The image of the Wicked Witch of the West is from Paper House. I got the die cuts years ago and have been waiting for the right project to use them on. You get 2 Wicked Witches of the West and 2 Glenda's, the good witch of the North in a package. I use Glenda on a card for my sister's birthday this year, you can see it on Flickr.

I'm not sure what the text should be on this tag. "I'm melting!" seems a bit passe. The line that keeps coming back to me is "Calgon Take Me Away!" Maybe you can come up with something better. Any ideas?

Hope your Halloween was a good one. Now I'm going to go enjoy an extra hour of sleep.


Katie



edited 11/2/09 to upload better image of witch.

No comments: