Monday, July 13, 2009

I am a Robot


Halloween 2007 - I am a Robot
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

I am not much of a scrapbooker. My son is 6 and a half and I haven't finished his baby book. [I may never get it done.]

I am going scrapbooking with a friend this coming weekend and so I am gearing up for that day-long event. Social scrapbooking keeps me on task. We are slightly competitive about how many pages we can get done in 12 hours. I never get a ton done, too busy chatting and cheering other scrappers most likely.

This is a page I did on the last scrapping trip. I LOVE the Cosmo Cricket paper and was so happy when it was made into fabric. Why I don't know - I don't sew and have no real use for the fabric but the thought of some robot-loving boy sleeping in robot jammies in a room with gears window coverings just makes me happy.

This page celebrates Halloween 2007 when we built a robot costume out of a Stampin' Up! packing box, a Bulk Buy Cheerios box, tin foil and aluminum tape. We added a jumbo calculator on the chest and small battery operated lights in the head piece. He walked around the house like a mummy, arms outstretched saying in an ominous monotone, "I AM A ROBOT."

The pictures would have covered too much of the beautiful paper so i cut the boy robot out . I had a lot of the metal tape used to make the costume left so cut the letters out of that.

This trip I am hoping to get a lot of Disney pages done. Be on the look out for that. If you wan to see pictures of night parade of other not too family specific images you can check out my flickr site.





No comments: