Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little more monkey business

Times are tough and money is tight and so I made most of my Christmas gifts this year. I prefer doing that anyway because as you are working/creating/baking/whatever you are thinking about the recipient.
I gave my friend the sock monkey man a pack of cards - all featuring the SU sock monkey. There was the


The birthday monkey


The rock star monkey


The "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys


The Easter card with the surprise inside


And the grateful monkeys inspired by the Grateful Dead.
This one was a failed attempt at crayon resist with Mr. Mister filled with turquoise PearlEx and Aquanet. The hairspray soaked under the crayon and a bit showed through. I thought it looked a bit psychedelic and so I went with it. The circles are holes punched around the monkeys, which give the card a nice texture.
Have a happy stamping day. If you have questions about these cards leave a comment. If you need the sock monkey and his/her accessories to make cards like these yourself click here to visit my website and place a monkey order. Online orders are still eligible for an extra gift from me.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hi Kate!

Loved your monkey cards - and I just had to share, so we created 2 of them on Sunday in our Easter class. I especially loved the ears peeking through the box - totally cute and we tweeked the design a little and it couldn't of been better. Thanks for the inspiration!