Monday, July 14, 2008

Songs after a sad weekend.

This was one of the saddest weekends of my life. We buried my uncle John this weekend and I spent the rest of the weekend in a hospital room with my aunt as she received blood transfusions and chemotherapy.

I drove back from Indiana without any problems yesterday evening. No sadness, no crying. Relief that my uncle was no longer in any pain and had begun his eternal life with Christ.

Today was another story. My iTunes at work is set to random. It plays whatever it wants in no particular order. Sometimes I just tune it out while working but the songs drown out the office din that I find distracting. Today was one of those days, except that every once in a while a line from a song would hit me and I would become a weeping mess. Here are the lines, artists and songs that hit me today.

"…and when he died, all he left us was alone." Ray Brown (Temptations) Papa was a Rolling Stone.

“Heaven’s the big time baby.” AOK Fallen Angel

“One eternal presence and one everlasting truth” Moodswings God knows what I want

“Oh well this world’s over, Oh well the next one begins.” XTC This World’s Over

“Live every day as if it were the last.” Golden Palaminos Ride

“Death’s the final word.” Monty Python Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
“Death’s a joke, it’s true” Monty Python Always Look on the Bright Side of Life


When I went to lunch I was listening to KLove and the Superchick song We Live came on and I lost it again. But by the end of the song. I felt so much better. There are too many key works, phrases, ideas to just type here so I’ve included the video. [Hope this works, it’s my first attempt at anything video on a blog.]


Please continue to pray for my aunt that she has no pain (the drugs for pain were working well this weekend) and some peace at the passing of her younger brother. Heck my whole family could use a prayer.

Thanks
Katie

No comments: