Thursday, July 24, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Nothing Borrowed, Something Blue

Something Old
The patterned papers on this card are Apricot Appeal DS Patterned Paper which on the retired list and Summer Picnic which retired with the Occasions Mini.

Something New
I got my preorder stuff from Stampin' Up! recently and am in the process of mounting all the stamps. The new policy of all new stamp sets are die cut makes this process a lot quicker than it used to be. I have some of the older sets in my new stuff and I have only mounted a few stamps in each set. 

This is one of the new level 2 hostess sets and I hope all my coloring customers can get to this level because this set is beautiful and so much fun to color. The image on this card was stamped it basic brown (which is water proof) on watercolor paper and used an aqua-painter with ink from the pad lids on this image. I tried to use the new colors as much as possible. I'm fairly resistant to change but the new colors are wonderful! The grass is Kiwi Kiss, the butterfly is Tangerine Tango, the bird is Pacific Point, and the sky is Baja Breeze. 

Nothing Borrowed
I own every paper and stamp set used on this card. The only thing that may be considered borrowed was the time it took me to create it. I really should have been sleeping at 1 am.

Something Blue
The base is Pacific Point. I love this color it's so rich and goes well with so many other SU colors. I can't wait to get started on other cards using this color.
_____
.

SU announced the other day that customers will be able to buy direct on line. Those who buy direct through a demonstrator will get the catalog price and regular shipping rates. Those who don't want to be associated with a demonstrator will pay higher prices and higher shipping. This is great news for my customers who are too busy to have a party and like to shop in the wee hours. The exact date is "Fall" so when it goes live I'll let you know.
.
Look for the next Kristina Werner color challenge card later today. I hope I can get it done in time. 

No comments: