Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earthy Earth Day

This card was made for my friend Carla. I met her in CFM at church. It seems most of the adults in the group are at the age where they have to take care of both children and aging parents and Carla is no exception. Her mother is not doing well and I wanted to let her know that my prayers were with them. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers as well.

As I was preparing it for the web I realized how perfect this card is for Earth Day. A dozen years ago I was in charge of the GREEN TEAM, a work-based environmental group. The group has disbanded since for a variety of reasons, but the ideas we brought to the table are still in place and if you are in Chicago and see the blue newspaper recycling bins on the train lines -- that was us. I showed my son the recycling video we put together for in-office use and he didn't seem all that impressed. I do think he was grateful it was only 6 minutes long though. He was humming the song that we used in the video while we were doing his Earth Day homework - finding the recycling symbol and bringing in 3 things that can be recycled.

All Supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
CS: Very Vanilla
Stamps: Oh, So Lovely & Tres Chic
Ink: Bkgrd is Tim Holtz Distress Ink in old paper. Flowers all stamped in Always Artichoke. Foliage colored with Mellow Moss & Bravo Burgundy markers. Blooms colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol.
Accessories: snips and snails

This post has been edited.

No comments: