Saturday, January 5, 2008

This amazing boy






Well I promised a picture soon from the new camera and here is the first one. My son and I were testing the timer feature on it and, well, it works. It was a bright day and the flash was on so it's a bit over exposed but whatcha gonna do.

I am still sick, this cough will not go away. I went to the doctor the other day and tomorrow I have to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray to rule out pnuemonia. I don't think that is the case but I do as I'm told when it comes to things like this. So I feel pretty lousy and don't feel like making the promised banana pancakes for dinner. We had bagels, fruit salad and cereal -- it was still breakfast food but much less work for me.

While we ate I started to lament that I was a bad Mom -- not feeding the boy properly, not cleaning the house since I've been sick, losing my temper more lately, etc. I asked, "What could I do to be a better Mom?"
He starts pointing to me and himself and grunting, at least he doesn't talk with his mouth full. "What?" I asked
"You could let me take care of you more."
"How would you do that?" I asked
He takes another bite and begins to pantomime sneezing and using a tissue, coughing and drinking water. After he swallows he explained that when I start coughing he could get me a glass or water and when I need to blow my nose he could get me a tissue.
So sweet.
I was focused on my bad mothering and he was focused on my being sick. He wants me to be a better (well) mom.

He wants this so much that when his class prayed at school he asked everyone to pray that Mommy and Mary Ann get well. Mary Ann is my aunt who is going through chemotherapy for lymphoma. So if you are a praying kinda person would you also pray for a full and speedy recovery for my son's mommy and Mary Ann.

I have a bunch of card pics to upload but I am tired again. My second has blown out of here and I need to get to bed I have a meeting in the morning and should sleep before showing up.

No comments: