Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Scrappy Card

I have been so tired lately that I don't want to bend down get new card stock, open the cabinet the holds the cutter and cut pieces out for a card. However, I do want to stamp. I do want to make cards. I do want to impress you all with my cleverness and creativity. So...

I raided the scraps. I actually organized them by colorishness (ok so that isn't really a word so sue me or better yet sick an English teacher on me), all the green tones together, all the yellow tones together, etc. You get the picture. It is a first step in finding the work surfaces in my studioffice (I would like the English teacher to be male, single, over 6' tall and in his 40's, thank you very much).

This card is a quickie so that I could get to bed quicker and I could say I actually stamped something this week. I've been wiped out since my group meeting this weekend. I was staying up WAY TOO LATE preparing my swaps for that event. I didn't get the 2 pcs of soft sky pokey dots lined up with the edge of the card so I decided to follow my own advice to beginners, "If you can't get it really straight go really crooked so it looks intentional."

Stamps: Wonderful Favorites, Year After Year
Paper: Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Sahara Sand
Ink: Really Rust pad, Only Orange Marker, Wild Wasabi (marker), Sponged Groovy Guava
Accessories: dimensionals

No comments: