Friday, August 31, 2007

Keep your fork there's pie and a scrapbook store

I've added a couple of links to the side bar.

Hoosier Mama Pie Co
The first link is to the Hoosier Mama Pie Co. a Chicago company owned by a couple of friends of mine. They make the best pies in the world. I can get my pie fix by calling the owners and asking for a pie anytime (you can too for that matter - see the site) but you can also walk into a few coffeeshops in Chicago and buy by the slice and oh it is so GOOD. Try it. See their site to find out where to get a slice.

The Memory Zone
The second link is to a scrapbook store I discovered in Plymouth, IN while I was on vacation earlier this week visiting my aunt.
I took some Pre-SU cardstock and a few stamp sets with me to play with and show my aunt what I'm doing. She loved it. Coloring with watercolor pencils and blender pens she was like a little kid giddy with excitement at what she had created. It's one of the reasons I love being a demonstrator, seeing people light up when they make stuff. Well the layered look I wanted to create for her Christmas cards wasn't going to work with the flimsy card stock I had. So I went to The Memory Zone and bought a few sheets of good card stock. I took my 4 year old with me and he loved it -- they have a play area for kids so I could shop in PEACE. Loved it!

Forgotten Camera
If I had remembered to take my camera on my mini vacation I would have gotten a picture of the HUSBAND EXTERMINATORS sign at 1839 W Jefferson St in Plymouth, IN. I giggle every time I go by that place it's just so funny.

I also would have gotten a picture of my son playing mini golf at Zao Island in Valparaiso, IN. We had such a good time. My boy is 4-3/4 and hasn't got the patience to hit the ball and wait to see where it will stop. He takes the club and drags the ball where he wants it to go. He would be a couple holes ahead of me if I hadn't kept telling him to wait. I have a few souvenirs from that excursion. A golf pencil, a score card with just our names and the first hole's score in it, and a nasty bruise on my second toe where I tripped on a cement obstacle. So Graceful.

Hopefully I can get the recently crafted cards up on this site in the not too distant future. Tomorrow is Nana day and Saturday is Ralph's World at Ravinia and then a party with the city tribe so who knows...

No comments: