Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kayka's Birthday

My son couldn't say my sisters name when he began talking and called her Kayka instead of Monica. She loved having a different name and was so disappointed when he said her name properly. She told him to call her Kayka all the time and now I rarely think of her as Monica. She is, and forever shall be Kayka.



These are the cards we made for her birthday. She has a thing about chickens so my son's card features a chicken. He loves to color stamped images (coloring books, pictures on scrap paper). He chose the chicken and I stamped it. He stamped the feet and chose the colors from my scrap pile.
My card features both way blossoms with a layer of crystal effects on it. I had never used crystal effects before... I'm liking it. The designer lable punch doesn't get nearly enough use in my house. Looking forward to getting on of the new catalog's hostess sets made just for this punch. I'm such a tease.

No comments: