Monday, February 5, 2007

my new favorite tool

I love blender pens! I've never really used them before. I bought a 3 pack from SU and reinkers for 3 in-colors that don't come in marker form yet with my last order. My demonstrator told me you can put a couple of drops on a piece of foil and put the tip of the blender pen in it and make a marker in that color. BRILLIANT. It works but now what I have 6 ends and only 3 colors, so I decided to play with the blender side. The directions on the box says for blending chalks and water-based inks.

Well I didn't read the directions at first and I'm glad. Our family motto is "When all else fails, read the directions." I tried them on regular colored pencils, nothing water-based or special about them and ... they work great. The blender did turn silver to grey but otherwise it was a rousing success. What a happy accident.





I made a card for for my aunt who had a masectomy today using the blenders and I liked the results. Prayers for Alice greatly appreciated, she still has a long road ahead of her.

So I used them again on the second card of the evening...





Carla's Quote Challenge






My girlfriend Carla is a quote collector and occassionally she will email me a quote and challenge me to make a card using it. This week's was so easy: "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me."
— Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884 - 1980)
Time with You & Please be Seated did the trick. I used Perfect Medium to make a watermark of the folding chair and the blender pens and colored pencils were used to color the image.

1 comment:

Sarah Moore said...

There are some WONDERFUL designs here! You have a real eye for this! Thanks for sharing your creativity!