Monday, May 11, 2015

Marker Monday


It is official. I've known all along that I was certifiable but now the world knows too. I took the Copic Standard Certification in Chicago a couple of months ago and I am now certified. Lori Craig said so. I understand the Copic numbering system, blending families, and how to use blender solution, I even got a taste of airbrushing. I wield my markers with more confidence now. 

I plan to share a Copic tip on Marker Mondays and if I can't be a good example I will be a warning of what not to do.


In the class Lori showed us how to use blending solution on a bit of towel or denim to get a texture on our projects. She had blending solution in a spritzer because you don't need a lot to get results. So I ran home and filled a spritzer with blending solution. I was not ready to cut up my clothes for texture so I thought I'd try using a stippling brush. I spritzed solution in a little container, got out the brush and gave it a go. Well I can tell you that it just makes a mess of your project - don't try it. Like I said, a warning.

The other day I was working with Distress Ink and reached for my water spritzer and a light bulb went out, or did a bell ring, what if I used my blending solution spritzer the same way I use my water spritzer with other inks. So I experimented.

Big Birthday Balloon


Because I am a novice with the airbrush my color is often uneven with light and dark spots that look, well, terrible. Spritzing the image with blending solution gives it a cool mottled effect and helps even out those light and dark spots. 

Have you ever used blending solution this way? Will you try and share your creations?

Happy Crafting,

No comments: