Tag with recycled items
I pulled out a stamp set from TPC Studio called Sewing. I stamped some images on a bit of watercolor paper laying on my table. You need to use water colors or watered down ink on watercolor paper. Right? So that's what I used. I didn't think I could get the color, control, look I wanted on the sewing machine so I used Copic markers. I know it's a sin but I like the results.
I decided they would look good on a tag. But I wanted the tag to look like it was fabric. I looked in my patterned paper scrap drawer and found a card I had inherited from a volunteer job I had last year at a senior living facility. They would get bags of greeting cards for the residents to use. One day I was asked to sort them by holiday. There were several that had been used. The ones with images large enough to use in craft projects were set aside. What didn't fit in the storage they were willing to offer paper crafting were given to me or tossed. The flowered pattern was the back side of one of those cards.
The sentiment was intentionally stamped off center so I could add a button or three. It was late and I was extremely
|I didn't set out to make this card for the |
Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
but it works so well I decided to enter it. Go see others here.
Card using scraps
This card was created in the "let's throw it up there and see what sticks" method. I didn't set out to make this particular card. I don't use sketches. I didn't think about color families, brand names, or trends. I pulled bits of paper out of my patterned paper scrap drawer and laid them on the card until something sang. I think, given it's origins, that this is a pretty darned good card.
The large yellow rectangle is a tag I had laying on my table that I had run through the Cuttlebug using a new embossing folder from Hobby Lobby that features a lower case alpha in typewriter font. I ran Versamark over the top and embossed with clear embossing powder, then spritzed with Mister Huey Lemonade. I never thought I'd use it because it just didn't work the way I wanted it to. I guess I should never say never.
The scalloped bit under the pin cushion is from a book I keep handy for crafting with. The page was just too white so I colored it with Distress Ink. The polka dot paper is from K & Company, the striped paper is from the first stack I ever bought from DCWV, neither is available any longer as far as I know.