Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Saving My Sanity One Card at a Time


Sweet Kitchen Card
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

Between planning a party for my son's first communion and practices for said communion and classes and seminars and house guests and Easter travel and, and, and…I needed a quick craft fix and this was perfect.

This card was made with images that were in my prestamped/precut drawer. All I had to do was stamp the sentiment and assembled things I already had. I changed the string that came on the tag for baker's twine and called it good.The amount of stress that can be relieved in 10 minutes of crafting is amazing.

The flatware is from Stampabilities and the rest of the images are from Hero Arts. I love that bowl. If I am honest with myself that was probably the reason I bought the set because the stripes are just like the ones on a set my grandmother had. To get the mottled effect I cut a mask around the bowl and used the color spritzer tool from Stampin' Up!

When our schedule gets back to normal, whatever that is, maybe I'll show you. But I promised you a Silhouette tutorial first.

No comments: