Saturday, September 4, 2010

When Life Gives you Lemons


This is the first card I've posted with the friendship jar stamps I got at CHA. I love that the lemons fit so well in the large scallop die from Papertrey Ink. None of the samples from the design team put lemons in the scallop but I can't imagine this stamp wasn't designed for use there. It fits so perfectly.

The sentiment was stamped with distressed letters from a Hampton Arts set I got from the $1 bin at Michael's years ago. Distress seemed the best way to go for this sentiment.

The papers are from Stampin' Up! except for the pattern paper which I believe is DCWV. The stamps are of course Papertrey Ink as are the dies.

BTW if you go to Nichole Heady's blog you will see pictures of me in the line at the Papertrey booth at CHA. The 6th photo from the bottom is especially lovely - I am the woman in the purple blouse with the goofy a** grin on my face.

Well back to whatever it was you were doing. Thanks for taking the time.

Happy Crafting,
Katie

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Love this card and the sentiment! Love the rows of lemons on the bottom.

Darcy said...

Hi Katie! Thanks for visiting us over at Pink Persimmon. Love your card here, the jars are so cute!