Friday, July 2, 2010

Style on Style


Style on Style
Originally uploaded by Kalyber

I needed to go to the bank yesterday and while I was out that way when to Archiver's too. I walked around putting things into my imaginary cart and, using my imaginary millions, bought the place out. But because I live in the real world as much as necessary I didn't get all the cool stamps, papers and tools I wanted but I did get some inspiration. Whoever is designing the sample cards at the store I went to is in love with embossing powder. Every card has some embossed element.

One card in particular had a small image of a woman on a beach, not embossed, but the background circles were. I wish I had taken a picture of it for you to see. An embossed background instead of foreground was unexpected and really nice. I didn't emboss my background but I like how it turned out.

This is the first card I've made with the new Stampin' Up! set Elements of Style. I got it because I love something I can color but I decided to use it as a somewhat subtle background for this card. After laying the ink down I tried to think of an image that would work on top of it, to mimic the Archiver's card. I remembered the 20's Lady stamp from Stampabilities.

The Archiver's card was a dark color with a white focal point, a light color with a white focal point wasn't cutting it so I when searching for a scrap of something darker. In the prepunched drawer I found a die cut tab from SU from the old days. From before I was a demonstrator, from before they sold die cutting materials.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I like the results I got recently when I photographed a card in daylight. (What a concept. I have been a late night crafter and blogger for so long that I almost forgot what daylight looks like.) So this morning I thought I would photograph today's card on the patio, in the daylight. One thing I don't have to worry about when photographing stuff indoors — wind. I finally just leaned the card against the patio table umbrella pole to keep it from falling over and skittering away.

Hope you like today's card and that you have a wonderful 4th of July holiday with your family and/or friends.

Happy Crafting
Katie

No comments: