Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oddly Orange Mood - Use It Up Mode

I am in Use It Up Mode. Been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the drawer full of pre-stamped/pre-punched goodies and decided it was time to put them to use. Not all the cards created with scraps like these are gems, but not all cards I create when cutting on a mission are wonderful either.

I am also in an Oddly Orange Mood. Shades of orange are popping up all over the place in my work lately and that's probably a good thing. Everyone needs of bit if bright and cheery now and then. This first card is made with the now retired In-Color, Tangerine Tango, a strip of yellow and white plaid paper I never thought I would ever use, and a bit of old olive. I use the Upsy Daisy stamp set as a starting point for the watercolored image. I love the image and am happy enough with the card to post it.



The second card is my new favorite combination of colors. The now retired In-Color Kiwi Kiss, Only Orange, Summer Sun and Whisper White. I’ve been working with Very Vanilla so long (because I has SO much of it) that I forgot how wonderful white can be. I had this strip of lotus I had stamped months ago and finally put it on a card. Not thrilled with the text, but again happy enough with the card to post it.



I have several more cards from this late night Use It Up session, I finished 12, but they will have to wait to be posted. If they ever make it to the interweb at all.



No comments: