Monday, March 5, 2007

M&Ms in new colors.

I have become an SU demonstrator, though I have yet to see the box of goodies. I have a good friend who has become a casual stamper within the last year because a several of the hens in our group are really into it. She feared I would become a "pod person" thinking in SU terms only if I became a demo. Well…

It's started!
My mother gave my son and me some of the new big M&Ms this weekend. The colors are different than the regular M&Ms, more muted, more my palette acutally. But instead of seeing blue I saw Brocade Blue, instead of yellow it was More Mustard, there was also Taken with Teal, Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand. Actually if I had my supplies I may be inspired to make a card using these colors. If they don't get here soon the inspiration will be eaten and there where will I be. hmm?

I love the language of SU, the color names, the names of sets. I work in graphics and rose red could mean a hundred different things to a hundred different people. The Pantone system is used to tell which red someone is talking about, but it is all numbers and they are easily transposed and/or forgotten. But SU Rose Red only means one color, in paper, ink pads, markers, ribbon, brads - it's all the same. I love that.
I also love that when we talk images we have sets and then images to refer to. If I say giraffe to a non-stamper or a stamper unfamiliar with SU (gasp! perish the thought) the image in there head could be anything. But if I say the "wild about you" Giraffe SU people all know what to expect.

Well I must climb out of my pod now and get to work. 2 cards and 3 phone calls in 20 minutes let's see if it can be done.

No comments: