Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Do you have a purpose?



Do you stamp images with no idea when or where you will use them? Do you have a stash of pre-stamped images waiting to become part of something grander?

Well I do. The sky on this card and the owl were stamped and stashed waiting to be married up at some point. I didn't know when they were stamped that they would end up together but there they are looking pretty good together.
The cloud (Hero Arts) image had a blank spot in the middle when it was stamped so I stowed it. In an Urge to Purge moment I found it and decided to "see what would happen" if I stamped the tops of trees on it using SU!'s Branch Out set (currently dormant). Looked good but still needed something. I found the owl and then got busy making a tree with a scrap of brown and the wood grain background stamp from All Night Media. I punched the leaves and put the whole thing together.
Love when things fall in place like that.


Do you have embellishments you've forgotten about or haven't used it ages?

I have too many to mention. But I am starting to rediscover these gems.

I found the plastic bubbles on this card in the clearance aisle of Micheal's years ago when the dew drops were really popular. They are not dew drops they were originally created to be used in the bottom of aquariums but they work great cards. I purchased 3 large bags for $1 each. I have purples, yellows and blues. Of course blue is the one that gets used most because they are perfect for underwater scenes. The light blue water area is a simple ink wash on watercolor paper. The fish is from a long retired SU! set called Very Puny, and is covered in Crystal Effects for shine.

For the sentiment I just added the "BL" to the front of an "Oops I forgot" stamp and felt quite brilliant.





Do you have a stash of patterned paper that's too big to toss but too small to cover a card front?

I do. In my urge to purge state I found these bits and decided to put them together to create this card.

It was also the perfect opportunity to use the eyelet lace border I created with the Papertrey Ink die I purchased
while I was at CHA last week.

The card needed a focal point so I inked up the
Imaginisce stamp "A is for Apple" that I got in the clearance bin at Michael's. I was looking for this image at the end of school thinking that I had purchased it but NO. So when I saw it recently I grabbed it.

New Images
More new cards and images from the People's Common Sense Medical Adviser are now on my Flickr site. The medical book images have also been uploaded to the collage images group. There are even images of Abraham Lincoln and US Grant too - in a medical book no less.

I have decided to post 12 images each week on Wednesday from this book so check back next week for an image of Prof. George Bush. Wonder if there is any relation to the presidents Bush.

Speaking of medical, my son has responded very well to the antibiotics the doctor prescribed and is even eating and drinking again.

Happy Crafting,
Katie

No comments: