Thursday, June 23, 2016

Man Week Continues - Meet Steven Barlow


Steven Barlow is 24 years young and lives in Australia with his partner Nathan and their 6-year-old daughter, Gemma.

"I have loved Paper and Pens since I was a child. My Christmas's were filled with markers and pencils of all kinds while my brother got action figures and a skateboard. I dabbled in Scrapbooking during my teens but kept this hidden as it wasn't what my friends would call "normal". About two years ago was when I really decided to forget what society believed was normal for a man and start taking my passion for paper crafting to the next level. Ever since most of my time (other than family time) is either spent in my Craft room getting messy or shopping for craft supplies.

"I love all types of crafting and will give anything a shot. However, card making is my main passion. My style isn't what I would call manly and most of my creations include shimmer of some sort. My favorite techniques are those of which involve getting messy. There's nothing more fun than having ink and glitter everywhere. Nathan disagrees. LOL

"I love watercolors, Copics, and Distress Products. There are so many incredible stamp companies out there, but I am generally attracted to products that are unique. I am in the midst of creating a blog and cannot wait to start sharing how my cards came to life!"

Art Impression Cats peeking out of a colorful shaker card
Art Impression Cats peeking out of a colorful shaker card
Art Impression Cats peeking out of a colorful shaker card
Art Impression Cats peeking out of a colorful shaker card



Art Impression featuring an action wobble backside.
Art Impression featuring
an action wobble backside.
Art Impression featuring  an action wobble foam finger
Art Impression featuring 
an action wobble foam finger.
Art Impression spinner
Art Impression spinner
featuring amazing shading.

I absolutely love this card. Steven's coloring
is spot on and the background is stunning. 
You can find more of Steven's creations on Facebook and Instagram.

Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

Kat said...

Awesome post. Love Steven, he's great ;)

katemade designs said...

Yes he is and so young. Looking forward to seeing what he does in the future. Thanks again Steven.