Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lasting Hearts Card Drive

It's a miserable rainy day. I don't want to leave the house so the package heading to Long Beach, California full of cards I made for the Lasting Hearts Card Drive will have to wait until I go to work tomorrow.

I learned about this card drive on Jennifer McGuire's blog and felt the need to join in. Lasting Hearts helps comfort mothers who have lost a child, whether in pregnancy or older. Losing a child is one of the hardest pains a parent can endure. I have lost a parent, and the grief was horrible. I can't imagine losing a child.

I used a stamp set illustrated by Phyllis Harris,  from Unity Stamp Co  called "Too Beautiful for Earth." I first saw Phyllis's work in Highlights for Children Magazines when my son was little. I am a big fan.

Each card has shimmery wings, a white dress, green grass and orange butterflies. Flowers are different colors. Hair and skin color are different, and card base colors are different. I don't mind mass producing a stamped image but making everything the same color is a bit dull.

I pray for all those moms, and dads, who have lost a child. I also pray for all those preemies out there struggling to fatten up, fill out and grow strong enough to go home. Each press of the stamp, each flick of the marker was a prayer.  Grow strong little ones. I pray especially for my niece who was born last Monday weighing only 2lb 1oz.



Happy Crafting,

No comments: