Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There's one in every crowd

Over this past weekend followers to this blog have more than doubled and traffic is better than it has ever been. I am so incredibly grateful and a bit humbled too.

So, welcome every body to my little corner of the web. I hope I will be able to entertain, inspire and inform you. I am planning a new silhouette tutorial for next week but in the mean time here is a card I put together using the Studio Calico camera stamp I won. All shapes were cut out with the Silhouette and the sentiments are from my own slightly twisted mind.

The camera shapes were cut out and then I stamped the images with 3 different styles of ink, Stampin' Up! classic dye ink, Distress ink and fluid chalk ink. It was an experiment that looked so cool next to each other that I thought I needed to make a card with them all. The image has such a 70's vibe and I thought wood paneling was a perfect match. When I was trying to figure out a sentiment I thought about what it was like to have a bunch of cameras in my face in the 70s and came up with this:

The particulars
Paper: K & Company Actopus to Zelephant patterned paper, white  Ink: Green is Distress Ink, Tangerine Tango from Stampin' Up!, Color Box Fluid Chalk ink in Charcoal
Stamps: Studio Calico camera, Hampton Art Studio G alphabets (from the Micheal's dollar bin)

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

That is too fun! And I'm sure my kids are thinking this all the time (but it's their fault I have to take a thousand shots since they never look at the camera!).