Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's a Scrap Challenge Here too

I've been challenging myself to use up my scraps. Just like Becca Ross in Australia I have a stash of pre-stamped, pre-colored, pre-punched goodies that never made it into cards. I've been trying to work my way through them too. I guess great minds think alike.

The link above (entry title) shows what she came up with. The images below shows a couple of the things I came up with. There are more to come (camera battery died mid-snap) so keep a look out.



The first is one of my favorites. I love the crab from Crab and Co. in Kiwi Kiss -- kind of freaked my son out though, "A crab? In Green? Crabs are red!" The texture on the background was created with a crumpled piece of wax paper and kiwi kiss ink on kiwi kiss card stock. The blue is Baja Breeze card stock with white polka dot stamped on using a background stamp. The dew drops are fakes, see the post "Cheap Lucky Me – Dew Tell.", and glued on with Crystal Effects.

The second used Baja Breeze as a background and I love the way it goes with Old Olive. Punched the leaves out with the 5-petal flower punch, the flowers are old Stampin' Up! but because I don't own the set I can't tell you what to be looking for on e-bay if you want them. The left bloom is on dimensionals. The sentiment is a rub-on. It's from the Sale-a-Bration Mini and is no longer available from Stampin' Up!

If you are interested in getting the stamps or card stock used in these cards you can now order them from me on-line by clicking here. The next 4 people to order online will receive a gift from me (not in their order, but in their mailbox). It just may be a package of those Sale-A-Bration rub-ons.

Later,
K

No comments: